Background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hubby's Surprise Birthday Party!!

My hubby has turned 40!!! :(  The poor thing kept asking what I was going to do special for his birthday.  I kept telling him that I wasn't going to do anything since it was only my family and his 1 friend that was coming down from CT.  I told him that I was going to cut him a cake on Monday for his birthday and take him out to a nice restaurant as his present...Ruth Chris's or something like that.  He wasn't really happy with my suggestion.  He thought that since it was his 40th birthday, I should do something a little more elaborate.  Little did he know that I already had everything planned.

First thing I did was make the invitations.  My hubby LOVES to play poker so I decided on a poker theme.  That was easy enough until it came to the invitations.  I wasn't sure what to do until I remembered that I had the Tim Holtz Texture Fades Poker Face.  I got them out and immediately knew what to do.  Here is the video that I made explaining the process.


I think they came out adorable.  The one thing that I wish was the the embossing folders were bigger.  They are "card sized" but I wanted them to be more "invitation size".  Any who, they were cute.

I also went all out decorating the house for the occasion.  It REALLY came out BEAUTIFUL!!  Here are a few pictures.














We had a blast and he was TOTALLY surprised.  Thanks to everyone that came in and helped :)

Hope you enjoy.










No comments:

Post a Comment