Background

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mr. Julain's 1st Birthday!!

That's right, my niece's son turned 1!!

Okay, I might have to do a little background story here.  I am the youngest of 6.  My eldest sister is 18 years older than me and the closest brother to me in age is 10 years older.  Needless to say, some of my nieces and nephews are really close in age with me.  I have nieces and nephews that are only 3-4 years younger.

Anyways, my 2nd sister, Maki (Marta), has 3 kids.  I basically grew up in her household.  When they built their home, they added on a 2 bedroom house to it on the back.  My mother, father, and me lived there from the time I was 13-14 years old until I got married when I was 20 yo.  So, I was always very close to her kids.  Her eldest, Yessy, is 8 years younger than me.  She is the one that would chaperone me on my dates.  I would take her with me to the mall and the movies and everywhere else.  She was the made-of-honor at my wedding and is the godmother to my eldest.

Yessy's son is the one that has turned 1.  So, I had to make him a birthday card.  But, I didn't want it to be just any card.  I wanted it to be a keepsake card.  I had just bought the "Wild Things" stamps from Greeting Farm from a private seller and I really wanted to use them.  I honestly couldn't wait to ink up those stamps because they are soooooooo cute.

Soooooo, here is what I came up with.


Here are some close-up views.




I LOVE the monkey and the tree!!!!  I cut out the tree on chipboard in the cricut.  Then I cut out each leaf on the cricut and glued them on.  I came out soooooo dimensional!!


On the video I have all the colors I used to color the stamps in.

I really debated over giving her the card because I fell in lOVE with it.  I ended up giving it to her, begrudgingly...LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so stinking cute. Love it. The monkey is definitely my favorite.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete